Amazon Pay Customer Service Policy
Over the years, Amazon has built a base of millions of satisfied buyers by providing them with high quality service and being responsive to their concerns. We expect third-party sellers that are using Amazon Payments to provide the same level of service and responsiveness and to comply with this Amazon Payments Customer Service Policy.
If we find that any transaction violates this policy or is otherwise illegal, unsuitable, or results in an unacceptable customer experience, we may take any corrective action that we deem appropriate and is permitted by the Amazon Pay User Agreement.
If you are a buyer and believe that a seller has not complied with this Policy, please use Contact Us page to inform us.
Condition of your items
You must clearly display an item's condition on your product detail page if the item's condition not "new". Please note that Amazon Payments only considers an item to be new if the following conditions are met: it is unused and unopened in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included; the original protective wrapping, if any, is intact; and the original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies.
For product conditions other than "new," Amazon strongly recommends having a close match with the following guidelines. A significant deviation from these guidelines will be considered a violation of this policy.
- Refurbished: A refurbished product has been professionally restored to working order. Typically this means that the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. The item may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer's or refurbisher's warranty must apply. Refurbished items are sometimes referred to as "remanufactured."
- Used - Like New: An apparently untouched item in perfect condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing, but the original packaging is intact and pristine. There are absolutely no signs of wear on the item or its packaging. Item is suitable for presenting as a gift.
- Used - Very Good: A well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item is complete, unmarked, and undamaged, but may show some limited signs of wear. Item works perfectly.
- Used - Good: The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use.
- Used - Acceptable: The item is fairly worn but continues to work perfectly. Signs of wear can include aesthetic issues such as scratches, dents, and worn corners. The item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use.
Receipt for purchases
You must provide a receipt or confirmation (email or physical) to the buyer for their purchase. It should include the date of purchase and the price for a digital transaction and the date of purchase, the total purchase amount, including shipping and taxes, the shipping address, if the item was shipped and for each item purchased, a description of the item, the condition of the item if it is not new, the price of the item, and the quantity purchased for a physical order. If you provide this product information to Amazon, it must be the same as what was presented to the buyer when placing their order.
For a physical order, you must communicate a delivery estimate to the buyer on your order details page or via emailWe strongly recommend providing a tracking number to the buyer as well.
Adjustment for shipping, taxes and order modifications
You may charge the buyer an additional amount above the original order amount, to make adjustments for revision of taxes, shipping cost, and order modifications.
For physical orders, you must post a return policy on your website and make it easily accessible to potential buyers. You must comply with these policies when a buyer requests a refund, return, or exchange. You are responsible for managing returns for your orders.
Customer Service Information
You must post customer service information such as customer service address, phone number or e-mail address on your website. You should respond to communication from a buyer within two business days.