Settlement reports provide a detailed breakdown of your account activity for a given settlement period. Settlement reports are generated regularly, and you can download them from Seller Central.
By reviewing the settlement report, you can understand your account activity. You can open the settlement report in a text editor, or you can use a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, to review and manage the information.
Generally, Amazon Pay first settles your account 7 days after your first payment transaction completes. After the initial 7 day holding period, your account is settled every 2 days. If you add or change your bank account information, your settlements will be suspended for 3 days.
For a settlement to take place, you must:
- Have a positive account balance due for settlement. Fees, A-to-z Claims, chargebacks and customer refunds, if any, can affect your balance that is due for settlement.
- Have entered valid information in Seller Central for your bank account. For more information, please see Adding and Managing a Bank Account.
- Have processed payments in the previous settlement cycle.
It usually takes 2 to 3 business days from the time that we settle your account and initiate a bank transfer before the funds arrive in your account.
You can find your settlement reports under Reports. To download a copy of your latest settlement report, follow the steps listed below.
Downloading a settlement report
- Sign in to your account on Seller Central.
- Click Reports, and then click Payments.
- Click the All Statements link.
- For the applicable Settlement Period, click the View Summary button to view the report online, or click the Request Report button to download a copy of the report.
- Settlement reports are only available for the past 90 days. We recommend that you save copies for your own records.
- If you do not have a positive account balance with Amazon at the end of your settlement period, then no settlement takes place and no report is generated.
Reading a settlement report
Settlement Reports are structured text files. These can be difficult to read in a text editor, such as Notepad or Text Edit, but you can easily open them in most spreadsheet applications or database applications.
The easiest way to read a Settlement Report is to save it to your computer and then open the document in your favourite spreadsheet or database application. With a spreadsheet program you can easily summarize, manipulate, or reformat the data the way you want.
- Some web browsers automatically open Settlement Reports with your computer's default text editor. If this happens, use the File menu to save a copy of the report to your computer before opening it in another application.
- In a Windows PC, you can right-click the link for the settlement report to save the file to your computer.
Your Settlement Report contains a separate line for every transaction.