Setting User Permissions For Your Account
The account that is associated with the e-mail address that you have used to register for Amazon Pay account has certain administrator privileges. Administrator privileges means that the user holding the account (the "Account Manager"), can access certain tools and features of the account. The Account Manager may also provide access to other users who are involved in the management of your business. For example, the Account Manager might want a co-owner or employee to manage inventory or handle shipping confirmations. You can use the User Permissions feature under the Settings tab on Seller Central to add users to your account or to adjust user permissions.
Seller Central uses an invitation model to manage user accounts.
- The Account Manager first has to invite users to create an account on Seller Central to access the account.
- Next, the Account Manager configures the permissions for that user.
By inviting users into the system and then configuring their permissions, you are assured that the appropriate user accounts are linked to the right owners, and that the correct permissions are set for each user.
After setting up the initial Amazon Pay account, the Account Manager compiles a list of people who will be given access to the system, and determines the respective rights for each user.
The invitation process requires four steps:
- The Account Manager sends an e-mail invitation to each user that contains a link to Seller Central.
- The user clicks the link, provides an e-mail address and password, and then reaches a page containing access to a unique confirmation code.
- The user sends the confirmation code to the Account Manager, who establishes the account.
- The Account Manager validates the confirmation code that was provided by the user against the code shown on Seller Central that was used to establish the account.
After the invitation process is complete, the new user has a username and password to access Amazon Pay account using Seller Central.
Note: The username and password are combined to identify a unique user account. For example, email@example.com + password1 and firstname.lastname@example.org + password2 are different user accounts.
Editing the Permissions for a User
- Sign in to your account on Seller Central.
- Under Settings, click User Permissions. The User Permissions page appears.
- Under Current users, click the Edit my permissions link next to the applicable user account.
- On the Add or Edit Permissions page for the user, indicate which tools and level of access you want for this user.
When you have finished, click Continue. A confirmation message appears confirming the modifications.