You can log on to your Amazon Pay account using the e-mail address and password that you have set when you registered for your account. Because your e-mail address is publicly known, using a strong password helps protect your account from unauthorized use.
We recommend the following guidelines when you create or update a password for your Amazon Pay account:
- Use a password that is at least 8 characters long
- Use a combination of letters (both upper-case and lower-case) and numbers
- Do not use a word that is in a dictionary
- Do not use information, such as a birthday or pet's name, that can be tied to you
- Do not use a password that you are already using on another account
For more information, see Choose a strong password.
Changing Your Password
You can set your password when you register with Amazon Pay. After you register, you can change your password on the Account Settings page in Seller Central.
- Sign in to your account on Seller Central.
- Click Settings, and then click Login Settings.
- Click the Edit button next to your existing password. The Change Password page appears.
- On the Change Password page, enter your current password, and then enter and re-enter your new password.
- Click Save changes.
Resetting Your Password
If in case you forget your password, you can reset it on the Amazon Pay website.
- Click Sign In as a merchant. Enter the e-mail address that is associated with your Amazon Pay account and click on Forgot password.
- Follow the steps provided to reset your password.